Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the date of this year's Bathtub Race and
Sunday, July 28th 2013. Marine Festival is Thursday July 26th to Sunday July 28th
2. Where does the race start and finish and where does it go?
The "Great" RACE start in
3. How do you build a bathtub and what does it cost?
Check out our web page, call Industrial Plastics in
4. What other events take place during the Marine Festival?
The Marine Festival encompasses many different family and adult events from a Kiddies Karnival, Beer Garden, Sail Past Parade, Vancouver Islands' biggest summertime Fireworks display, Street Fair... check out our schedule of events.
5. How can I become involved? The company I work for? My friends?
Racing: Contact the Bathtub Society for information. Membership: Attend a Bathtub meeting first Wednesday of every month. Company: Enter a tub. Enter the "Sail Past on Wheels Fun Parade".
6. Do you need volunteers? Members? Sponsors? Escort boats?
Yes Yes Yes. Please call (250) 753-RACE (7223) or email
7. Where can I buy Bathtub Coins, T-Shirts, Posters, Pins etc.?
Call the Bathtub Office at (250) 753-RACE (7223) for locations or email
8. How can I register to be an escort boat?
Please call (250) 753-RACE (7223) or email we will give you all the details. PS. Tubers will pay for your fuel, there's a hospitality night and a dash plaque for your boat.
9. How do I register for the "Great" RACE? And what does it cost?
The cost is $50.00 and the official registration starts on the Thursday of Bathtub week and ends on Saturday night prior to Sundays START.
10. Are there any age restrictions? Or any other qualifications that are necessary to compete?
Yes you must be 14 years or older and Yes you must have a Pleasure Craft Operators Card. Give us a call or email us and we'll give you the regulations and how to take the course. (250) 753-RACE (7223).